When choosing photos for your seasonal rental you need to capture your rental’s most attractive features. In order to highlight those features you should first identify the renter’s needs and wants by taking the renter’s perspective. Are you looking for a great view? What kind of amenities would you look for? Which rooms would you have to see in a photo before you felt comfortable renting their seasonal rental? In addition to a compelling property description your seasonal rental listing should have six essential photos to capture their attention and secure the rental booking. This article will help you post pictures that will show the entire property and build trust. Proper preparation will help you find renters. Every seasonal rental listing should include the following photos:
1. Exterior view of property/land. – Many seasonal renters will be looking for a clean vacation rental and many times the view around the property can make the difference for discerning renters. Be sure you capture the best side of your home and try to include some of the view in your exterior photo.
2. Living room – Post pictures of the most comfortable living space. Your renters will want to see where they can relax after touring the sights. Make sure your camera is fully zoomed out to make the room appear as large as possible.
3. Kitchen – The kitchen is crucial for selling seasonal rentals because snowbirds typically rent for the season or at least a couple months. You should only have a few select appliances on the counter tops to show adequate work space. Many seasonal rental home owners find renters enjoy entertaining in their kitchen.
4. Master Bedroom – Tenants will often look for large master bedrooms with either a queen or king size bed. Try to maximize the effectiveness of the photo and capture the bedroom with the entrance to the master bath in one photo.
5. Guest bedrooms – Posting a photo of each bedroom is a good idea to protect against any surprises. Listing rentals is as tedious as listing your home for sale.
6. Amenities – Show your properties indoor and outdoor amenities. You are running a rental business, so you have to show all your property’s benefits and features to keep it booked year round. Shared amenities like a pool or tennis court can really help book your rental.
To continue learning effective advertising strategies read How to Write an Attractive Seasonal Rental Advertisement.